Re: Patch: fix the progress information when refreshing an imap folder

2008/11/20 Sergio Villar Senin <svillar igalia com>:
> Martin Bonnin escribiu:
>
>> I kind of agree with you. But in this specific case, checking the
>> "what" parameter is still not enough because it is the same in both
>> cases.
>> Problem is that the the "bad" progress is deep inside camel operation
>> and I'm not sure to what it refers.
>> Maybe we could just wrap the camel_imap_command_response() between
>> calls to camel_operation_start() and camel_operation_end() but  this
>> is more invasive as a change...
>
> Well, if we don't really know which kind of information it is, we always
> can remove the call to camel_operation_progress in that particular
> situation or ?

This would mean removing the camel_operation_progress() call from
camel_stream_buffer_read_opp(), which is potentially called each time
we do an IMAP command (it's called each time we have an "untagged"
response if I read the code well...).
So it's very difficult to tell if we're not breaking something else by
removing this.

--
Martin