RE: Tinymail patches

Hi,

Indeed, libconic can be quite unexpected in its behaviours, as
Murray knows too well.

> We are using NM, yes.  I must confess to not really
> understanding what libconic is and does, except it seems to
> have a certain overlap with what NM.
>
> I don't really want us to have to maintain a separate tree
> along the lines of -olpc or -gpe, but if that's what it
> takes, I guess we'll have to bite that bullet.

As I said, apart from the TnyDevice implementation (which
uses libconic), there is very little interesting or maemo
specific in libtinymail-maemo.

The only reason to use TnyMaemoConicDevice is for compiling
the Modest email program. It would require some work there
to work on top of a TnyDevice which uses NM instead.

Best wishes,
Dirk.