Re: Using Tinymail for exposing a folder through DBUS

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 17:27 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 17:20 +0100, Jo Vermeulen wrote:
>
> > Just wondering, since there are Python GObject bindings, is it possible
> > to implement this interface using Python? We are not very familiar with
> > GObject, so that would be an easier way to do it :-)
>
> Although I have tried this, and although you aren't the first to ask
> this, and although I want to get this working a.s.a.p., no .. not yet.
>
> Last time I tried there was a problem with the pygtk binding generator
> that caused some discrepancies, rendering the resulting shared object
> file (which is used by Python for the binding) to be useless.
>
> I added James Doc. Livingston in CC. He's an expert when it comes to
> GObject Python binding.

Oh I see. I never used this pygtk binding generator, I suppose it's only
useful for GObject stuff?

> In any case ... it's a high priority to do item for tinymail (once I
> fetch myself some time to take an in-depth look at the bindings again).

In my opinion this would be good to be able to use tinymail as a
backend, and build a prototype on top of it using Python.

Cheers,

--
Jo Vermeulen
Expertise Centre for Digital Media - Hasselt University