Re: Move and copy messages

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 13:03 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > If another entity would have done this, it would have be a strategy. Say
> > that is desired, we can still refactor this work to a strategy.
>
> Yes, I had the same idea when I saw that this method is different from
> the others due to the interaction of these two instances, but IMHO there
> is no advantage having it in a strategy (except for design beautifulness
> :-) ).

Design beautifulness is a good reason by itself! :)

But you are right, until there's a reason .. we don't yet have to do it.
Especially not because refactoring to a strategy doesn't change backward
compatibility in terms of ABI nor API.

It just adds API and restructures the implements and inheritance tree.

> PS: regarding documenting people's work, a lot of people should learn
> from you ;-).

:)

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be
blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog