Re: Unit tests with check framework

2006/12/7, Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be>:
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 15:22 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> Øystein Gisnås wrote:
> > I can replace it all over as soon as I get the go (which you just
> > did). It's a fairly simple to replace everything and drop GUnit.
> >
> > Looking at further opportunities, test coverage comes up. I had a look
> > at GStreamers solution to this. They have a neat generated view
> > http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/coverage/lcov/gstreamer/. The
> > make scripts for this clutter up a bit, so we have to decide for
> > including that or not.
>
> If you need some help I can help you with this. We had here at Igalia
> people working with such kind of tools in the BuildBrigade
> (http://live.gnome.org/BuildBrigade) and I personally set up a
> continuous integration system with Mozilla Tinderbox with code coverage
> (with gcov & lcov) integrated.

Sounds good. I can only applaud it if you guys go ahead and work
together on this.

If that implies that you guys want to create a branch on the repository,
then you (guys) are allowed to create one. Go ahead and fight it out who
does that :-)

So atm we have trunk/[the code]

You can create a development/check-unit-tests/[the code] or something
like that (please do use a development subdirectory unless somebody
thinks that's a bad idea).

Releases will be put in the repository like this:

releases/[API_VERSION]/[VERSION]/[the code]

If a branch is not necessary (you are allowed to break trunk/ for
something like maximum a day), then just do it on trunk. But please in
that case: do finish it (I would hate to have to revert things).

I would like to accept the offer for some help. If you already did
this once, maybe you can come up with the most elegant way to make the
scripts necessary to create coverage reports?

I don't think it's necessary to branch for this. As I already showed,
the tests themselves can be converted with overlap (both old and new
working at the same time). The coverage report is just optional.