Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] boot-admin error??

On 9 Feb 2002, Ryan Marsh wrote:

> I don't see why all 6 run levels cant each be a column in that table.
> The field would be a list box where user can select "start" or "kill"
> (GTK does allow for replacing field renderers right?). Simple mode would
> only show runlevel 5 but in that case the column heading could be
> "Action". I think having to switch between tabs just to get a holistic
> picture of which services are starting/stopping when is inefficient. All
> the information can be safely and cohesively displayed in one pane. For
> proof, see '/sbin/chkconfig --list'

I agree with this idea, which would very much simplify the interface.

Yet, I suggest Carlos to continue with the current design, as he has
already worked on it, and integrate Ryan, Joakim and my ideas later, when
something has been released.

A discussion on the design would have been healthier before any code had
been put behind this effort, but I still think the current interface is on
the "good enough" side. Anyways, most of the tools have had major changes
in their interfaces before reaching their current status.

I would really try to integrate Ryan and Joakims ideas after the tool is
fully functional.

Greetings,
Arturo