Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] boot-admin error??

On 10 Feb 2002, Carlos Garnacho wrote:

> El sáb, 09-02-2002 a las 00:09, Arturo Espinosa Aldama escribió:
>

> > Very cool. The good thing is that you already had the icon!
> >

> I have to tell you that the icon was already in XST, it's called
> sysv.png. I thought that it was related with runlevel-admin.

Yeah, I asked jimmac to do that icon for exactly this purpose. I like the
icon because it's quite fresh.

> > Some suggestions:
> >
> > I would slim down the columns for priority and action to the minimum
> > required (the width of the labels, it seems)...
> >
> > Also, in simple mode, only show the default runlevel, and thus, hide the
> > notebook tabs as well (this may require some reparenting magic, not that
> > difficult anyways). I think the backend already provides the default
> > runlevel in the XML.
> >

> I thought that in simple mode should appear text and graphical mode (I
> coded it in this way), but your suggestion is more sensible.

Yeah. In general, simple users don't want to know anything about run
levels, I think.

> > Last, a general tab for advanced mode where to edit the default runlevel
> > and a couple of buttons to edit the rc.local and rc.sysinit shell files
> > would be cool. Ah, and a method to switch to a new runlevel.
> >

> Do you talk about sending rc.sysinit code and rc.local code over XML to
> the backend? The backend should be the part of the program that makes
> the changes.

Probably, but this is just another of the bulk of ideas that you have
received during the last week. Maybe not such a good idea: it's open to
discussion.

> Talking about switching to a new runlevel, do you mean executing init,
> or changing the default runlevel in inittab?

Calling init. Changing the default runlevel is a different and independent
feature from this, and is actually more important.

Greetings,
Arturo