Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] boot-admin error??

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 17:09, Arturo Espinosa Aldama wrote:
> Also, in simple mode, only show the default runlevel, and thus, hide the
> notebook tabs as well (this may require some reparenting magic, not that
> difficult anyways). I think the backend already provides the default
> runlevel in the XML.
>
> Last, a general tab for advanced mode where to edit the default runlevel
> and a couple of buttons to edit the rc.local and rc.sysinit shell files
> would be cool. Ah, and a method to switch to a new runlevel.

I don't see why all 6 run levels cant each be a column in that table.
The field would be a list box where user can select "start" or "kill"
(GTK does allow for replacing field renderers right?). Simple mode would
only show runlevel 5 but in that case the column heading could be
"Action". I think having to switch between tabs just to get a holistic
picture of which services are starting/stopping when is inefficient. All
the information can be safely and cohesively displayed in one pane. For
proof, see '/sbin/chkconfig --list'

> Otherwise, really cool.

+1

-ryan

--
"...visit a dog show. Or a gathering of people who believe they have
been abducted by aliens in UFOs. People are demonstrably insane when

www.ryanmarsh.com