[Setup-tool-hackers] Re: volunteer to do some testing...

[added setup-tool-hackers@ximian.com to the CC:]

"sdahl@cts.com" wrote:

> Chema,
>
> I have been lurking the setup-tool-hackers mailing list
> for awhile and I see that you folks are targeting a new
> May target date for the next release.
>
> I am not a hacker, but I'm an interested user that would like
> to help in some way, perhaps by providing some test feedback
> and filing bug reports if necessary, more or less testing it
> as an independent end-user.
>
> If this would be helpful, just let me know how I could provide
> useful feedback, and I would also need to find out how
> to download/compile/run  and what pre-requisites my system needs.
> I'm a sysadmin by day (and nights occasionally), so hopefully
> I should be able to do all this with minimal coaching.
>
> Cheers.
> Scott

Yes you can be a LOT of help.

All the tools need to get some testing, in particular i would like
to start with the network tool and location management (which is
inside the control center).

Please file bug reports in bugzilla.ximian.com. I suggest browsing
the current reports before filing new to avoid duplication.

The contact for the network tool is arturo (arturo@ximian.com) and
for location management is bradford (hovinen@ximian.com).

You need to get control-center from cvs to test the location management.

Thanks for your help, we REALLY need some testing done.

Mail the list if you have any questions.

regards,
Chema