Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: volunteer to do some testing...

On 11 Apr 2001 22:15:16 -0400, Chema Celorio wrote:
> [added setup-tool-hackers@ximian.com to the CC:]
>
> "sdahl@cts.com" wrote:
> >
> > Chema,
> >
> > I have been lurking the setup-tool-hackers mailing list
> > for awhile and I see that you folks are targeting a new
> > May target date for the next release.
> >
> > I am not a hacker, but I'm an interested user that would like
> > to help in some way, perhaps by providing some test feedback
> > and filing bug reports if necessary, more or less testing it
> > as an independent end-user.
> >
> > If this would be helpful, just let me know how I could provide
> > useful feedback, and I would also need to find out how
> > to download/compile/run  and what pre-requisites my system needs.
> > I'm a sysadmin by day (and nights occasionally), so hopefully
> > I should be able to do all this with minimal coaching.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Scott
>
> Yes you can be a LOT of help.
>
> All the tools need to get some testing, in particular i would like
> to start with the network tool and location management (which is
> inside the control center).
>
> Please file bug reports in bugzilla.ximian.com. I suggest browsing
> the current reports before filing new to avoid duplication.
>
> The contact for the network tool is arturo (arturo@ximian.com) and
> for location management is bradford (hovinen@ximian.com).
>
> You need to get control-center from cvs to test the location management.

Small correction here: location management is in the ximian-setup-tools
module, not in the control center. It's under the archiver/ directory.
There's a GUI tool in the archiver/location-manager-capplet/ directory
(that name is, btw, a misnomer, since the tool is not a capplet at
present).

> Thanks for your help, we REALLY need some testing done.
>
> Mail the list if you have any questions.
>
> regards,
> Chema

-Bradford Hovinen

We are most probably here for local information-gathering and
local-Universe problem-solving in support of the integrity of
eternally regenerative Universe.

   -- R. Buckminster Fuller