[Setup-tool-hackers] Next release, ETA : May the 9th.

Hello hackers.

We need to work towards the next release of the Setup Tools.

The objective of this release is to have something that
people can use everyday. We are going to spend the rest of
the month bug-fixing and completing the features that we
have gui support for. Because of the importance of having
a set of high quality tools, we are going to devote a month
to it.

We will target Redhat and Debian. We will make a pre
release a week before the actual release and encourage
people to test them out. Two weeks after the release
we will make another release with support for Solaris
( provided that we get our hands on a solaris box soon,
i am working on this).

A general overview of the tasks :
- Anna should make sure all the gui we are going to use is
nice and pretty.
- Tambet : users tool
- Hans Petter : shares tool & time tool
- Arturo : network tool
- Hovinen : get location management working for the network tool
- Ravi & Kenneth : The internet sharing tool

On of the mayor problems we currently have is that the tools have
not been widely tested/used. because of this we will all have to
do quality assurance, not only for the tools each one is
responsible for but for all of the tools.

The disks tool will not be released in this version, it will be
included in the tarball but will not compile by default. I think
that the quality of the disks tool is not as good as the rest of
the tools because we have not had the time to devote some love to
it.

Ideas / comments ?

regards,
Chema