Re: [Straw] Re: Please test CVS!

Nathaniel Alderson wrote:
Jan C. Alonzo wrote:

2) Checkout the CVS then type

   $ cd /your/path/to/straw-cvs-head/src
   $ STRAW_IN_SOURCE_DIR=1 ./straw

I tried this method but get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./straw", line 149, in ?
  File "./straw", line 134, in main
  File "./straw", line 66, in setup_source
    f = open (os.path.join(sdir,''),'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/straw/'

I don't have a file named in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/straw/ nor in the source directory checked from CVS. Perhaps it's missing?

Alright, I guess the problem was caused because I have another version of straw installed in /usr/bin and /usr/lib and there is a for loop in find_straw_lib() that will set the library path if it finds a directory named straw in sys.path regardless if STRAW_IN_SOURCE_DIR has been set. Maybe this for loop should be skipped if STRAW_IN_SOURCE_DIR or STRAW_LIB has been set?

Nate Alderson
alderson computer org