Re: [Snowy] Issues with MySQL

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Sandy Armstrong
> <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
>> That being said, I don't know what error Og was experiencing that required the change he
>> made.  We should discuss this before adding in any hacks.
>
> The issue is with django actually, using a blog/text field as part of
> a unique key, as outlined in the link I posted before. Once I changed
> that field to CharField, it was smooth sailing.

Sorry, I just got back from out of town and wasn't on the list yet!

> My major obstacle right now to get a working Snowy appliance is the
> fact that the you guys make use of certain python 2.5 and above only
> modules and that rPath's current appliance building workflow makes use
> of python 2.4... I should be able to tackle this better once I'm at
> work tomorrow and talk to a few guys.

I know the UUID stuff is from Python 2.5...we can probably use a
different library for that if we have to.  Are we using a lot of other
2.5 features?  I'm not really that well-versed in the differences
between different Python versions.

Excited for the appliance!

Sandy