Re: [Snowy] Issues with MySQL

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Brad Taylor <brad getcoded net> wrote:
> Hey dude,
>
> Thanks again for looking into how to properly deploy Snowy!
>
> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 23:51 -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
>> Was able to work around it by changing from TextField to CharField:
>>
>> title = models.CharField(blank=True, max_length=100)
>
> I had title as a CharField earlier, but Sandy wanted to change it
> because he informed me that some users of Tomboy actually put their
> entire note in the title.  Eeeep.
>
> Sandy -- what would you think if we did some voodoo and truncated the
> title at N characters and put the rest of the title in the content
> field?  The only issue is that when you sync again, the Tomboy note
> would be different.  That may not be the end of the world though.

Dunno, we need to work through the consequences of different
approaches here.  It seems to me that we should always do
title-in-content (like Tomboy does), or always split them (like Snowy
currently does), or else we add room for error.  That being said, I
don't know what error Og was experiencing that required the change he
made.  We should discuss this before adding in any hacks.

Sandy