Re: [Snowy] Snowy/Tomboy on the iPhone [Previously: Re: Setting Snowy Up.]

I Should of Said iPhone WebApp.

Yea Im new to the iPhone "App" Area.  Just started playing around with Cocoa .

So Rather than doing an "App"  do a Mobile Webapp Version of Snowy maybe?  That would Universalize Mobile Access.

But Sorry Im just now getting into Cocoa and havent gotten in depth with it yet.  If Snowy did have an iPhone app (I really hate comparing to evernote) But essentially Tomboy is like the open source version of Evernote.   Being able to use the iPhone to store and sync pictures taken of items related to a note or attach them to a note typed on your iPhone would be Ideal.

As for Rich Format Text on the iPhone?  I Honestly dont think they allow it? Several of the Apps I have are all standard font, standard everything. Might take a look at the restrictions Apple puts on the iPhone. However.  Check with modmyi.com  and you they have no rules for Jailbroken Cydia Apps. Most folks take there apps there first before submitting to Apple anyways.

A core dump is your computer's way of saying "Here's what's on my mind, what's on yours?" - Geeks Rule

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Brad Taylor <brad getcoded net> wrote:
Hey,

[Ed: Sorry for the slightly OT topic, but I believe it is of interest to
a few people on this list.]

> But With Snowy + Tomboy = Total Domination.  :)  In fact Id love once
> things are stable / release for Snowy  Id love to make an iPhone App,
> so you could send and store pictures with your notes and such from the
> iPhone.

Are you very familiar with the iPhone platform?

I've looked into this a bit recently, and it appears that there is _no
way_ with stock controls to provide editable rich text.  UITextView can
be edited, but style can only be set for the whole control, not just a
run of text, and UIWebView (WebKit) is not allowed to be editable.  The
only way to allow both seems to be to write a custom editing control.
Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

In general, I'd much prefer being able to use contentEditable via Snowy
like we do for desktop browsers, but neither Android nor the iPhone's
browsers support it, so we'll have to create custom apps for both
(thankfully we already have Tomdroid on Android) to allow editing.

Best,

-Brad