Re: [Shotwell] Thumbnails for videos

On 2017년 01월 19일 09:23, Andreas Brauchli wrote:
What does `which shotwell' tell? If it's not /usr/bin/shotwell (most
likely it'd be /usr/local/bin/shotwell - note the 'local') you're not
running the packaged version. Local binaries take priority over
packaged ones.

aha! you are right:
/usr/local/bin/shotwell

To remove the locally installed version, go to your shotwell source
folder, check out the 0.23.5 tag and run "make uninstall"

my source folder is the above path? How do I check out a tag?

thanks for giving me a hand at this.