Re: [Shotwell] photo files and database

Thanks Jens!  Looking forward to getting a lot of photos organized.

Dave,

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Jens Georg wrote:

Does Shotwell keep the photos in the database, or is that just the
info
on the photo?  The reason I ask is that I would not want my photos in
the database that would lock me into Shotwell.  The problem that can
happen is if I need to move to another computer running a different
photo app that can't import Shotwell.

It's just the information on the photos and the information where to
find them

If I allow Shotwell to import photos from the camera, do the photos
go
to the database, or to my file structure, or both?

Files go to your structure, information goes to the db.