Re: [Shotwell] Drag and Drop photos in event view

On 14 November 2014 22:54, Jim Nelson <jim yorba org> wrote:
So, this is a long-running issue with Shotwell.  In our development
parlance, what you're asking for is called an Album.  This is an arbitrary
collection of photos sorted according to the user's preference.  It's
similar to tags, but tags are intended to be subject-related keywords.
Albums are just any photos put into any order.

Unfortunately, Shotwell doesn't have this feature today.  It's actually not
a heavily-requested feature, but it does come up now and then.

While that would solve my problem it is more than is required.  Just
the ability to sort within an event would be enough.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I think that will mean I will have
to install Picasa for my relative as he feels he needs this feature.
Picasa seems to run ok under Wine.

Colin