[Shotwell] New features status

Hello everyone,

I am one of those (probably thousands) who were very happy with f-spot for a long time and eventually migrated to shotwell. Just as many other users, I am curious about additional features in shotwell regarding tagging. E.g. assigning multiple tags to images. And particularly doing all this with efficient use of keyboard, not mouse so much.

Now my two questions are (after having browsed through this list's archive):
- Does some kind of roadmap exist, a (very rough) plan at what point which feature will be implemented?
- Is there a sensible contribution I could provide, being an out-of-practice Java programmer?

Cheers, Martin