Re: no saving of passphrases

david <at> gbenet.com <david <at> gbenet.com> writes:

> Firstly,
>
> Thanks!
>
> Secondly, I have a major issue with seahorse-agent on Linux Mint. When I run
Encryption and
> Keyrings then select PGP Passphrases - Remember PGP Passphrases it states that
"A supported
> PGP passphrase caching agent is not running.
>
> When I run from a terminal seahorse-agent I get "**Message: Another GPG agent
already running."

> I ran Top to see what was running - nothing. In my start-up environment I have:
>
> Certificate and Key Storage - Gnome Keyring: PKCS#11 Component
> Secrete Storage Service: Gnome keyring: Secret Service
> SSH Key Agent: Gnome Keyring: SSH Agent.
>
> I am at a loss - I even reinstalled seahorse!
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated
>
> David

Hi David,

I had a similar problem with my GPG passphrase not being cached in Ubuntu 11.04,
running Gnome Dekstop 2.32.1.

The problem was solved by launching System | Preferences | Passwords and
Encryption Keys. On the Passwords tab I expanded the Passwords:login list and
found several entries for "PGP Key: [Your Name] <[your@email_address.com]>".

Once I deleted all these entries, caching starting working again as it should.

hth,

-boris