Re: S/MIME and "Uknown IPC Command"

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Adam Schreiber <sadam gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Konstantin Ryabitsev
> <icon fedoraproject org> wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> A problem I have come across using s-mime plugin with claws mail on
>> Fedora 12 -- if seahorse-agent is used, it cannot verify s/mime
>> signatures due to "Unknown IPC Command" error. If I use the default
>> gpg-agent from gnupg, everything appears to work correctly.
>>
>> $ rpm -q seahorse seahorse-plugins gpgme gnupg
>> seahorse-2.29.1-1.fc12.x86_64
>
> Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you.  I'm going to release
> seahorse-2.29.90 soon and would appreciate it if you could retest with
> that.  I think there's been a fix committed that may address that.

Sorry for the delay on my part, too. :) No, it appears that this
problem is not fixed. I couldn't check it earlier because newer
seahorse-plugins are only available in F13 (which I just installed),
but the problem still exists.

$ rpm -q seahorse seahorse-plugins
seahorse-2.30.1-1.fc13.x86_64
seahorse-plugins-2.30.1-1.fc13.x86_64

Claws-mail still shows "Unknown IPC command" when seahorse-agent is
used. If I use gpg-agent from gnupg, everything works as expected.

Regards,
--
McGill University IT Security
Konstantin "Kay" Ryabitsev