Re: Password for the default keyring

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Adam Schreiber <sadam clemson edu> wrote:
The passwords tab corresponds to secrets stored in gnome-keyring
either by programs or the user.  Seahorse can't show you the stored
passwords and Evolution can't save one without unlocking the default
keyring.

I would suggest running seahorse preferences and if you've never saved
any passwords successfully or don't mind losing what's stored,
removing the keyring listed, adding a new one, you will be prompted
for a password (I recommend the same as your login password if you
would like it automatically unlocked) and then set it as the Default
Keyring at the bottom of the dialog.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks a ton Adam, I'll give that a shot when I get home.  Would this (removing keyring) have any effect on my saved GPG keys?  Or only on Gnome saved passwords.   (of which I have none)  And is running the preferences as easy as just going to Edit (or whatever the menu's called) -> Preferences?  I can't recall seeing anything there (but I'm not in front of it right now)  Or is there some seahorse preferences program to run?

Thanks!
--
Eric Mesa
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com