Re: Moving DPMS to gnome-power-manager

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 15:32 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> > > You have to have gnome screensaver running and dpms has to be enabled
> >
> > Jaap is correct. This will become a lot simpler soon when DPMS moves
> > from gnome-screensaver to gnome-power-manager.
>
> Found. It was the missing dbus-session in my gnome-sessione. I was using
> the "simple" jhbuild session installed under /opt/gnome2, without hal
> and dbus stuff.

Cool, no problem.

> Just another question, 'cause we are deeply off topic:
> gnome-power-manager is able to "grab" the console broadcast message from
> shutdown(8)?

Nope. g-p-m only does the gnome-session non-interactive shutdown stuff,
then calls the HAL Shutdown() method. I guess gnome-session should be
patched for the new HAL Shutdown() method also, so all the per-distro
hacks and special casing can be removed.

Any stuff you want to run per-system on a shutdown has to be added
to /usr/share/hal/scripts/hal-system-power-shutdown

Richard.