Re: gnome-screensaver, new api calls requested :-)
- From: William Jon McCann <mccann jhu edu>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: screensaver-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome-screensaver, new api calls requested :-)
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:20:39 -0500
David Zeuthen wrote:
Sounds good, the only concern I have is that g-p-m requires HAL and HAL
is not available on a lot of exotic platforms (in fact right now only on
Linux 2.6 based systems) so some people may be upset about this.
That is a very good point. I hadn't really considered that.
Maybe g-p-m could operate in a reduced capacity on systems without HAL?
For instance, if we move X11 power management stuff into g-p-m that
part wouldn't require HAL.
] [Thread Prev