Re: gnome-screensaver, new api calls requested :-)

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 16:20 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> David Zeuthen wrote:
> > Sounds good, the only concern I have is that g-p-m requires HAL and HAL
> > is not available on a lot of exotic platforms (in fact right now only on
> > Linux 2.6 based systems) so some people may be upset about this.
>
> That is a very good point.  I hadn't really considered that.
>
> Maybe g-p-m could operate in a reduced capacity on systems without HAL?
>   For instance, if we move X11 power management stuff into g-p-m that
> part wouldn't require HAL.

Without HAL, g-p-m would do nothing useful (but I'm pretty sure it would
compile and run as it doesn't use libhal...). Without HAL it would
literally *just* be a dpms dbus server... which itself isn't really a
problem.

I can do some testing if you like.

Richard.