Sawfish in python??? scheme?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:16:23 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> - begin collaboration with [Michal Maruška] about his thoughts about leaving REP.
> [...]
> (NOTE: this does not mean, that we'll do it, as of now.)

First, let's remember that librep has many defects and no one can make
real fix in any of them. It's better to move to some well-maintained
but at the same time stable enough language. But I don't know if it's
realistic. We're absolutely understaffed. How many work fulltime? (I
don't mean 24/7.)

I overheard Python-3.2 is / will be good enough. Though a rough argument,
python looks more like C than lisp/scheme do, so people are more
familiar, and it may be a better choice. (According to a recent poll,
it's the 4th hottest lang, after Java, C, C++. But I don't speak
python at all, and I can't judge.)

On the other hand, transition to some lisp is easier, because code
translation is sometimes straightforward, or at least, often easier.

But to which lisp/scheme? I browsed the site of guile-gtk, and its
development seems to be completely dead. (Guile itself is active.)

And let me repeat: it's a "who'll do it?" problem, less of "which lang?".

T_T (Do you use this Japanese style smily? Vertical bar is tear.)

Teika (Teika kazura)

# Then it'll be SawSnake, SawBoa, Sawnaconda.
## Sorry for a fishy pun...