Re: Error running Sawfish-ui on Ubuntu

Am Fri, 7 May 2010 19:46:23 +0100
schrieb Grant Sewell <dcglug thymox co uk>:

> I've installed the following from the Ubuntu repo's:
> sawfish			1:1.3.5.2-1ubuntu1
> sawfish-data		1:1.3.5.2-1ubuntu1
> sawfish-dbg		1:1.3.5.2-1ubuntu1
> sawfish-lisp-source	1:1.3.5.2-1ubuntu1
> sawfish-merlin-ugliness	1.3.1-1
> sawfish-pager		0.6a-3
> sawfish-themes		0.12
> librep9			0.90.2-1
> rep-gtk			1:0.90.0-2

… Ubuntu doesn't support Sawfish and therefore the packages are totally outdated;
current versions are:

librep 0.90.5 (0.90.6 in HEAD)
rep-gtk 0.90.2 (0.90.3 in HEAD)
sawfish 1.6.2 (1.6.3 in HEAD)
sawfish-pager 0.7.3 (0.7.4 in HEAD)

The problem is pretty simple: the installed versions of rep-gtk and sawfish are
incompatible. rep-gtk 0.90.0 requires atleast Sawfish 1.5.2, so this is not really
surprising me, though ugly for users like you, who may think, it's our fault.

So you may start with trying our recent (and compatible) releases.

@Rodrigo: does rep-gtk >= 0.90.0 conflict with Sawfish <= 1.5.2 in Debian?

Tuxer und kreditwürdig?
Gesendet von antitux am Di, 28. Jul 2009 um 19:43

Tuxer und kreditwürdig? Die haben doch gar keine Sicherheiten.
Das gibt die nächste große Blase. Die Banken werden wie Dominosteine fallen.