Re: How to compile sawfish (with makepp)?

 la 12/20/2010 12:42 AM Harald van Dijk skribis:
On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 21:55 +0100, Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:
Your libtool itself has a magic number pointing to bash, necessary
because it uses the += operator not understood by other shells.  Yet
you contradict that with (only works if your sh is a bash):

SHELL=/bin/sh
LIBTOOL=$(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool
rep_LIBTOOL=$(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool
This happens if configure is executed by bash, and /bin/sh is not bash.
If configure is executed by (for example) dash, a dash-compatible
libtool script will be written.

Aha, but I called only configure using whatever shell that wants.

That said, you're probably right, the $(SHELL) should be removed in
LIBTOOL and rep_LIBTOOL, but it was added by libtool.m4 (part of libtool
itself), not anything in librep, so needs to be fixed there.

I've built other autoconf projects, but maybe they don't use this one. I'll try to write a bug report...

The next problem is that install in lisp, man&  src depends on
mkinstalldirs.  While gmake manages to build it, I don't see how.
The Makefiles in the subdirectories use VPATH so that mkinstalldirs in
the librep root is used. makepp doesn't understand VPATH.

Gnats, indeed makepp does not, because it's repository mechanism is more powerful. In fact, when I was still writing Gnu makefiles I never quite understood vpath, it just didn't seem intuitive... But for backward compatibilty that's bad.

REP-GTK 0.90.4

I don't know where to start, or rather how to tell it where I put
librep.  I tried (I want all sawfish stuff in the same dir):

configure --prefix=/opt/sawfish LIBREP_CFLAGS=-I/opt/sawfish/include
LIBREP_LIBS=-L/opt/sawfish/lib

which works, but in the top makefile I get an impossible

repexecdir=
include $(repexecdir)/rules.mk
Instead of setting LIBREP_CFLAGS and LIBREP_LIBS, set PKG_CONFIG_PATH
to /path/to/your/sawfish/dir/lib/pkgconfig. When librep installs its .pc
file there, it will be picked up from rep-gtk's configure script.

That's better, but not perfect.  It gives these compiler options

-I/opt/sawfish/include/rep// -I/opt/sawfish/lib/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/

which lead to many errors all like:

rep-gtk.h:28: fatal error: rep/rep.h: No such file or directory

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                    http://lernu.net  /  http://ikurso.net