Re: Compilation Issue

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 06:28:28AM +0900, Andrew A. Adams wrote:

> However, I'm still not getting window control for my username,
> though it is working for the temp username I set up.
> I suspect Mihai was right and there:s a problem with my
> gnome config that:s interfering with sawfish running properly.

FWIW, whenever I had trouble with Gnome config after upgrades
(never with sawfish, usually with Gnome panels) I removed
(well, saved out of the way) .gnome2, .gnome2_private, .gconf,
.gconfd, then reconfigured the panels and whatever few Gnome
customizations I had.  It was always *way* faster than to
chase what's wrong in there.

To do that logout, switch to a virtual console (Ctrl-Alt-F2,
for instance), login as your normal user, kill gconfd-2 and
only after that move/remove the above directories.  Then logout
from the virtual console and return to the graphical session
(Alt-F1), login as usual and redo your customizations.

Not exactly a savvy power user advice, but I hope it helps. :-)

Mihai