Re: Questionnaire 3 on Sawfish usage

Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> writes:
> Hi, here comes the third questionnaire on Sawfish usage.
> The previous results are summarized at:
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Your_voice#How_do_you_use_Sawfish.3F
>
> 1. What's your theme? Any comments on Sawfish theme?

mxflat.  It's minimal and stays out of my way, which is what I want of a
theme.  I never use the buttons or anything; if I were actually short on
screen real estate I'd probably eliminate the title bars entirely.

> 2. Why you switched to Sawfish? Is there any feature lacking in
>    Sawfish, but was present in your previous window manager?
>    (a question by Alexey Froloff. Sorry Alexey for postponing a year.)

I used Ion for a while, and the tiling was interesting.  But I haven't
missed it enough to try out any of the tiling options in sawfish.  The
main advantage of the tiling (for me) was for window navigation, and I
have that already.

The only other feature I'd like is to improve prompt-menu (formerly
prext), since it currently doesn't work for, e.g., window operations.
But that's a project for me when I have the time and inclination, as I
doubt that's high on many peoples' list.  It's probably going to involve
some tweaks to the menu module in sawfish, unfortunately.

> 3. What's your trayer, if you're using Sawfish standalone?
>    (by Daniel Fetchinson)

I've been using 'trayer' for a while, but I'm not convinced there's any
point in having a trayer, honestly.

> 4. How do you switch the window? After all, it's the window manager. :)

Combination of mouse (rarely) and keybindings.  Mostly I create bindings
using app.jl to go directly to the window I want, and use keybindings to
navigate viewports and workspaces.

> 5. Do you switch the screen resolution? If so, tell us your related
>    hacks, or what you want there.

Nope.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>