Re: [VOTE] Moving to SF.net?

Hi,
zanghar freenet de (2009-09-26 at 1336.46 +0200):
> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking of going away from GNOME for a long time now.
>
> Since we already host your tarballs on SF.net why not using it for all?
> (all = GIT, BugTracker, ML, blah, but not HP), so (almost) everything
> from one source. Additionally, I can add accounts and stuff on my own,
> no need for waiting for the GNOME guys and such.
>
> I would like to move by the middle of October.
>
> What do you think?

That you will win about adding accounts, but reliability seems to be a
different story if they have not improved. Also the SF mail list
archive has been rather crappy in the past (I prefer ones that give a
mbox archive, so you can still get local working copies), and never
liked *forge bugtrackers. Now even less, I found out you have to click
to expand the contents of a report, uh?

Is there no other place where to move, except SF? Something stable and
more targeted at being used than following the web trend of year. I
have asked around and maybe we could get a virtual host.

GSR