Re: [VOTE] Moving to SF.net?

Am Sonntag, den 27.09.2009, 01:32 +0200 schrieb Jose A. Ortega Ruiz:
> [I've never contributed to Sawfish, so i guess you shouldn't pay much
> attention to my opinions below. I thought of chiming in nevertheless
> because i regularly follow its development and i use its repository.]
>

> Daniel Fetchinson <fetchinson googlemail com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I think almost anything will be better than sourceforge :)
>
> FWIW, i wholeheartedly agree. IMHO, sf's interface is just awful.
>
> > Github, gitorious, code.google are all superior in my opinion (the
> > potential problem with code.google might be that with them git always
> > goes through svn but maybe that's not a big problem actually).
>
> One very nice thing about Github and Gitorious is that they allow very
> easy repository cloning, encouraging contributions. Although i favour
> Gitorious because it's open source, if a bug tracker is needed one would
> have to go for Github (which is pretty good too, IMO).
>
> Cheers,
> jao

Actually we need a GIT, BugTracker, DL-Section and a ML atleast, I
haven't checked wether github or gitorious provide *all* 4. Either way
tuxfamily.org might be an alternative, too.

It features:

- CVS, SVN, GIT (can choose one)
- Webarea (we only would need it for a bugtracker or a forum or x)
- Mail domains
- Mailing list
- MySQL, PostGreSQL DB (so we can install a bugtracker)
- Download Repos
- Domain names
- Jabber (? is on the list of supported, but I can't see it)
- Support Forum where WE can ask the admins

Well they use their selfmade VHFFS (www.vhffs.org) (GPL'ed) for all
stuff, so it also fits the little Richie in us :) additionally they say
that more will be comming, due to active contributors.

I really like those frenchies, I for a long time believed their
"Iceland-April-Fool" haha ^_^;