Re: Suggestion on resolution change.

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:18:22 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Other WMs (eg that M thing) listen to resolution changes. I guess E
> does, too,

Ok, so there's a way out. Hard study is waiting for us ;)

>> It seems to me that the future compatible solution is to have a
>> function in edge-flip.jl to update.  And users have to call
>> manually that func after resolution change.
>>
> Plus letting the user manually update screen-width/screen-height and all
> stuff making use of it is a no-go, if you ask me.

First I wrote the following answer, but I noticed it's wrong:
I don't mean the manual update is the final solution, but
(edge-flip-update) is anyway necessary (and it will *never* introduce
any inconsistency), and it can be implemented easily by 1.6. You seem to
want it now, so I propose it as one of goals for 1.6.

Even if there's (edge-flip-update), users have to call it manually
until we support xrandr, which we don't have at all now. (And replace
Xinerama? ... ;/ )
If resolutions can be changed per screen in RandR, then we need
complete rewritement?

According to Wikipedia, RandR still relies on xinerama, though the
latter is deprecated. Ehh, a conundrum.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)