Re: Viewport scrambling

Thanks for reply, Jeremy.

I wrote the answer below the other day. Minutes ago, I changed the
value of 'window-history-states' by dropping 'maximized', and
suddenly it works, *even after* re-enabling 'maximized'.
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:13:57 -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> Can you maximize a window in some other viewport than the one you're in
> via sawfish-client -- e.g.:
>
> user> (require 'maximize)
> user> (maximize-window (get-window-by-name "foo"))
>
> This should work, and it shouldn't switch viewports.

The maximized window which was originally in different VP appears in
the current VP, and the current VP doesn't change.

I noticed one more peculiar thing: for urxvt (= rxvt-unicode, an x
term), maximize-window-vertically in other VP doesn't change size (but
maximized-p is true, so after restart, it gets actually maximized),
but in the current VP it works.

And the VP comes back to (0, 0) after restart, but the current VP is
supposed to be kept, right?

> The only thing I can think of is maybe there's something in your history
> file that's setting the location of the windows?  What happens if you
> move it aside temporarily?

No effect. (I did it correctly - I switched off all for histories, and
I checked that window-history isn't created after restart. Then I
switched on all.)
It may be the bug of history/session, but then why deleting
'window-history' file doesn't work?

By the way, I once discovered that maximize-fill-window-vertically
sometimes fail to avoid other windows. I can't reproduce it now
today, but is it related? (Well, let's forget this issue if it has
nothing to do ;)

Best regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)