Transition to other lisps.

Hi.

On Sun, 24 May 2009 12:50:43 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> 8x --- cut here ---

What's "times eight"? Oh, scissors mark...

> Well rewrite is done (if it's done) for 3.0.

Or later.

> We need atleast two people who actively/fulltime work on the rewrite

Absolutely. Three will be reassuring, though. Fearless fighters
suddenly go, that's life.

> (and try to squash the old bugs at the same time)

I think this should be the first on agenda. This is necessary even
without transition to guile/others. One reason is that librep / sawfish
lack exactness in doc, or doc itself, so the correct behavior is hidden.
Thus, going through bugzilla is not enough, but the entire revision of
code is necessary.

For example, today I wrote in other thread that error signal puts the
control back to the innermost input loop, if it's not handled. But what
happens if it is done during the sawfish initialization?

It won't hurt, so if you know lisp well, please do it. Even small
things, like annotations in codes, help.

> else this is not going to happen! And while you're at it: remove
> dupped commands (if any) and give them better names.

Yes, let me too emphasize this.

Thanks,
Teika (Teika kazura)