Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?

From: Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com>
Subject: Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 23:47:54 -0600

> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:10:10PM +0200, Petter Gustad wrote:
>> I was thinking of all the little piceses that I need to run
>> autogen.sh: autoconf, automake, and intltool. I have them all
>> installed now.
>
> These look to me like normal toolchain elements. Pretty far from
> "the universe".

The term was a little... or more like a gross exaggeration.

>> with 1.3.5.2
>> I get the error--> (error "unknown font type" "Xft") problem.
>
> Smells like some misconfiguration on your part.  In principle

It might be. I'm not that familiar with CentOS (I'm a gentoo user and
have been using Slackware before that). However, it's a stock CentOS
5.3 with the sawfish required tools installed from source in
/usr/local

> you may need to deal with "Xft" or with "Pango" fonts.  When I will

Which seem to work fine with 1.3.5.1?

> have an opportunity and some time to spare, which may be a while,
> I may try to look if I can reproduce this.  So far I did not see

Let me know if you want me to do some more testing.

> anything of that sort but I cannot tell which was the last version
> I was playing with.
>

>> with latest git
>> I run into m4 problems
>> aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
>
> Just create such directory where needed.

That was the first think I tried, but it resulted in some more errors
so I was uncertain if that was the correct thing to do:

: zener librep; mkdir m4
: zener librep; ./autogen.sh
Running autoheader
Running libtoolize
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal
configure.in:27: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
Running autoconf
configure.in:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
      m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:92: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
configure.in:93: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

>> However 1.3.5.1 seem to work fine!!!
>
> So here you go.

Yes! I just wish I started at this end...

Petter