Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?

From: Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com>
Subject: Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:10:14 -0600

>> > It seems like I
>> > have to bootstrap the universe in order to compile it under CentOS5...
>
> I have no idea what do you mean by "the universe" but indeed you

I was thinking of all the little piceses that I need to run
autogen.sh: autoconf, automake, and intltool. I have them all
installed now.

> need a compiler and some development libraries installed.  No
> surprise in this.  Does not really differ from doing that on the
> current rawhide for Fedora.   First you need librep and librep-devel
> compiled and installed, then you have to follow with a devel rep-gtk
> and only then you can compile sawfish.

I do. But...

with 1.3.5.2
I get the error--> (error "unknown font type" "Xft") problem.

with latest git
I run into m4 problems
aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory
where the documentation says that I should pretty much guess what it's
looking for?

with 1.3.3 (which I have running on my gentoo machine at home)
I get lots of glib errors during compilation:
colors.o:/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gutils.h:343: first defined here
windows.o: In function `g_trash_stack_height':
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gutils.h:356: multiple definition of `g_trash_stack_height'
colors.o:/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gutils.h:356: first defined here

the same goes for 1.3.4 and 1.3.4-experimental

However 1.3.5.1 seem to work fine!!!

So other CentOS 5.3 users should probably go for 1.3.5.1...

Petter