Re: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 06:59:04PM +0200, Petter Gustad wrote:
> From: Petter Gustad <sawfish gustad com>
> Subject: CentOS5 RPM for sawfish?
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 14:56:22 +0200 (CEST)
>
> > I'm using sawfish at my Gentoo system at home, but at work I'm using
> > CentOS 5.3. Is there an RPM for sawfish somewhere?
>
> Have anybody mangaged to get *any* version of sawfish up and running
> on CentOS5?

Yes.  Right now I am far away from a machine with CentOS and sawfish
so I cannot tell you details but building there rpms for various
versions of sawfish, currently for 5.3 and earlier for assorted 4.x,
was just a non-event.  Due to differences between XFree86 and Xorg
some minor configuration tweaks were needed when going to 5.x but I
think that this was basically it.

It was not the latest version of sawfish when I was doing that last
time on CentOS but still relatively current one.

> > It seems like I
> > have to bootstrap the universe in order to compile it under CentOS5...

I have no idea what do you mean by "the universe" but indeed you
need a compiler and some development libraries installed.  No
surprise in this.  Does not really differ from doing that on the
current rawhide for Fedora.   First you need librep and librep-devel
compiled and installed, then you have to follow with a devel rep-gtk
and only then you can compile sawfish.

   Michal