Re: Poll on infinite-desktop, viewport and workspace?

Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> writes:
> Hi, all. Let me do a poll, because rework is expected, and to make
> sure how should it be done.
>
> Do you use:
> 1. workspace?
> 2. viewport?
> 3. infinite-desktop?
> 4. pager? which?
> 5. edgeflip?

1. Yes
2. Played a bit, but that's it.
3. Nope.
4. I've found it useful with viewports, but I never used it for
   workspaces.  I used sawfish-pager.  BTW, is the problem setting
   colors a known bug?  Seems that sawfish is sending rgb+alpha, whereas
   the pager is reading only rgb -- so the alpha number is read as part
   of the color.
5. Nope.

> 6. Could you describe more on how you use them?
> 7. Have any idea on them?

I devote a whole workspace to certain apps (e.g., firefox), other
workspaces are project-oriented.  I generally use keybindings which
navigate based on windows (i.e., that find the workspace and window for
me), so for the most part I entirely ignore which workspace is which.  I
use the keyboard for most stuff, and only the mouse for applications
that require it.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>