Re: Integration (Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.2)

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 20:26:08 -0700 (PDT)
Lou Hafer <lou cs sfu ca> wrote:

> 	It's sad the the Gnome folks are moving in a direction that will lock
> them into some derivative of the metacity code base. More generally, it's sad
> that they're moving away from the flexibility that's characterised X-based
> window systems for so long.

They moved firmly away from the idea of flexibility when they laid down the ideals they would follow for Gnome 2.0. Gnome 1 (which, afaik, sawmill was originally developed for) was a completely different animal, everything possible was configurable. KDE 2 of the same era was not as flexible. :)

I persoally have never been able to take Gnome 2 seriously. I had a kind of vague hope for Gnome 3, but I guess it was misplaced.

--
Ethan Grammatikidis

Those who are slower at parsing information must
necessarily be faster at problem-solving.