Re: Can't install to custom --prefix location
- From: Lou Hafer <lou cs sfu ca>
- To: sawfish-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Can't install to custom --prefix location
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:03:26 -0700 (PDT)
[ sawfish build unable to find librep ]
It can surely be done --- just finished building all three to use with
Fedora 11 and Gnome, and installed to a nonstandard location. At a guess, try
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include /to/some/path/lib,
A couple of observations about integration with Gnome:
* As mentioned elsewhere, a sawfish.desktop needs to be placed in one of
/usr/share/applications or ~/.local/share/applications.
* For a short time, I actually had sawfish-ui show up under Windows in the
Gnome preferences app, then lost it. If I can figure out what I changed,
I'll post an answer.
* If you tell sawfish to start in the window manager phase of Gnome startup
(X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase=WindowManager in sawfish.desktop) there's a 10
second timeout. As best I can figure from scanning Gnome documentation,
this is because sawfish doesn't implement any of the notification methods
that gnome-session looks for at this point. I'm getting this from the
GnomeSession and NewGnomeSession entries at
Window managers are not my forte, perhaps one of you with a bit more
familiarity with the protocols can figure out what's missing.
is another useful URL.
Don't feel so down about small glitches. I've used sawfish for years, just
never had anything that deserved a post. There are likely more of us lurkers
out in the wild.
] [Thread Prev