Re: About warp-if-necessary when cycling (Was: [ANNOUNCE] sawfish-1.5.0)

Am Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:58:59 +0200
schrieb Fernando <ferkiwi gmail com>:

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
> <zanghar freenet de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The long awaited 1.5.0 release of sawfish is finally available!
>

> This is a great release!
> Such a nice list of changes
> Congratulations ^^
>

> Just one thing I would like to point out...
>
> >  - Warp cursor to cycled windows, if warp-cursor is enabled
> >    [Christopher Bratusek]
> >

> I know that I should have discussed about this before (sorry, I
> totally forgot about it). But the "Warp-if-necessary when cycling" was
> a feature that sawfish already had (before the patch was committed).
>
> Before the patch, the warp-pointer-if-necessary function was called at
> the *end* of the cycling (when you have finally chosen a window),
> instead of calling it in every step of the cycle.
> Perhaps you didn't noticed the feature because of that, but imho this
> old behavior is much wiser than the one implemented in the new patch
> because the old one will only warp when it is really necessary.
>
> Sometimes the final window is in the same place than the initial
> window (and thus warping is not needed), but if there are transitional
> windows during the cycle the pointer will end up warping in almost
> every step of the cycle, which imho is a not a desired behavior.
>
> --
> Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Well I've noticed that, but I considered it as a bug ^_^;

I'm more than happy with current behaviour, either way, this might be
optional and disabled by default, as I understand what you mean. I
don't have the time currently to write that patch, so perhaps you might
come up with one?

Thanks,