About warp-if-necessary when cycling (Was: [ANNOUNCE] sawfish-1.5.0)

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
<zanghar freenet de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The long awaited 1.5.0 release of sawfish is finally available!

This is a great release!
Such a nice list of changes
Congratulations ^^

Just one thing I would like to point out...

>  - Warp cursor to cycled windows, if warp-cursor is enabled
>    [Christopher Bratusek]

I know that I should have discussed about this before (sorry, I
totally forgot about it). But the "Warp-if-necessary when cycling" was
a feature that sawfish already had (before the patch was committed).

Before the patch, the warp-pointer-if-necessary function was called at
the *end* of the cycling (when you have finally chosen a window),
instead of calling it in every step of the cycle.
Perhaps you didn't noticed the feature because of that, but imho this
old behavior is much wiser than the one implemented in the new patch
because the old one will only warp when it is really necessary.

Sometimes the final window is in the same place than the initial
window (and thus warping is not needed), but if there are transitional
windows during the cycle the pointer will end up warping in almost
every step of the cycle, which imho is a not a desired behavior.

--
Fernando