Thanks and congratulations to all Sawfish developers

I just wanted to extend my thanks to all of the hardworking Sawfish
developers, and to also congratulate you on the amazingly good job
you've done.

Due to a lack of time to update something as critical as a window
manager (VERY scary if it breaks!), I've been running Sawfish 1.3 for
what seems like forever.  This evening I finally found some time and
took the plunge.  I had a bit of trouble getting librep-0.17.2 to
compile (thanks for posting the cure, Timo), but everything went as
smooth as silk.  I didn't even have to log out; I simply did a restart
from the menu and poof, it all worked.

I don't know if you guys realize how rare it is for an upgrade from
such an old version to go so smoothly.  My hat is off to you!  (And I
promise I won't let myself get so outdated again.)
--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff cs hmc edu   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

Software, like bridges, should be elegant and visually pleasing as
well as functional.  Ugly constructs, designs, and languages should be
avoided like the plague.