Re: Keymap for grow, pack, shrink & yank

 Teika> Hi. Does anyone like this idea? It's a keymap for gpsy = grow, pack,
 Teika> shrink and yank.

 Teika> It's like this: you enter gpsy mode. If you press 'g' key, following
 Teika> operations are grow. Press 'up', and the window grows upward.
 Teika> Now press 'p', and now it packs. Press left... To exit, press escape.

I was reading the manual few days ago I discovered these functions. :) I
wish I knew them for few years. ;)

I think it would be great to have such mode.

It could be hacked using keymaps.

Define a keymap for each of the 4 modes, where each arrow has a
different use.

Define a keymap for the GPSY, where g, p, s, y point to each of the
other keymaps.

of course this does not allow to easily move from one mode to another
(I don't think it will be a good idea to have recursive keymaps).

--dmg

 Teika> Focus move by cursor in tandem must help. In focus move mode, press
 Teika> 'up' and the focus moves to an upper lying window. (Are there already
 Teika> such function in Sawfish?  I can't find it.) So that you can adjust
 Teika> the size and the position of many windows in a single row of
 Teika> operations.

 Teika> For shrink, some people may revert the cursor meaning, so 'up' affects
 Teika> the upper edge.

 Teika> I don't use gpsy myself, so it's a mere suggestion.

 Teika> Regards,
 Teika> Teika (Teika kazura)

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/