Re: New Debian installation

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:21:42 +0100
Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> wrote:

> > > you may cherrypick sawfish 1.5.3 from unstable.
> >
> >   That's the solution I picked -  downloaded and installed
> > everything from Sid and that fixed the problem. Dunno why those
> > files are even in the testing repository as I Googled a least a
> > couple of complaints about non-working installations. I wonder
> > how many people just gave up when it didn't work ?
>
> Fine. But I thought Rodrigo has backported the `fix' from 1.3.5.3 to
> 1.3.5.2 ... (`fix' because that was an ugly hack, the real fix was
> done for 1.5.0.)

   OK maybe somebody else wants to answer this one:)

   Obviously I have to start a panel, and a background manager before
Sawfish fires up. How do I do that. Other wm's use a file such as startup
in their directories but I don't see any reference to that in all
the docs I read. And I know less than nothing about Lisp and have no
desire to learn it.

Thanks

--
Frank<beacon videotron ca>