Re: New Debian installation

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:31:02 +0100
Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> wrote:

> Am Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:44:27 -0500
> schrieb Frank McCormick <beacon videotron ca>:
>

> > Just installed Sawfish on my Debian testing - but for some reason
> > picking it from the GDM menu results only in  a blank screen which
> > doesn't respond to anything, including middle clicks on the mouse.
>
> can you login again and then switch to the console and post the
> content of your ~/.xsession-errors?

   Sure can. Nothing changed. But I did notice when I logout of the console and go back to
F7...the grey screen has been replaced by a black screen in which I can type but not exit or
do anything else.

This is xsession-errors:

/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...

That's it.

--
Frank<beacon videotron ca>