Re: Script for creating Application Menu

GSR - FR wrote:
Hi,
matth love gmail com (2009-08-23 at 1857.09 -0600):
; Variables that can be set in .sawfish[/]rc
(if (not (boundp 'desktop-directory))
    (setq desktop-directory '("/usr/share/applications"))
  (setq desktop-directory (append desktop-directory '("/usr/share/applications"))))

Why append? If the user already set it, "let as is" sounds more
logical (like many other settings).

GSR

Yes, I see what you're saying. What I was thinking is that people would be setting the more abstract directories (such as /var/cache/applications) in the .sawfishrc, while not having to worry about the default, which is /usr/share/applications, and if they aren't thinking when they set it, the default will still apply on systems where that folder exists. Though now that I think about it more, someone might want to skip the 'default' folder altogether, even if it exists on their system, for whatever reason, so it does make more sense to allow the user to set all the directories they want without any bad defaults getting in the way.
I'll update that this evening.

Thanks for the input!

Cheers

Matthew Love