Re: idea for simplification of grow / pack / shrik / yank

Christopher Bratusek said:     (by the date of Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:33:28 +0200)

Am Dienstag, den 02.09.2008, 20:27 +0200 schrieb Christopher Bratusek:
> For the grow thingy you can bind either "maximize-fill-window" or
> "maximize-window-fullscreen", perhaps there's an alternative for the
> others, too?
>
> but that just maximizes, perhaps you can try modifying it, because it
> already uses all 4 directions, so it is perhaps a bit easier.

well, they serve a bit different purpose. Of course
"maximize-fill-window" works very well in combination with (grow /
pack / shrik / yank) but it's not a replacement of grow.

> But I wouldn't replace the existing functions, just add new ones, that
> fit your needs.

of course. the added thing would simply check the position of mouse
relative to window, and call appropriate function from among those 16.