Learning to program sawfish

Hi,

I'm trying to get more into programming/modifying my sawfish setup, especially with the asymmetric dual-monitor xinerama setup at work (I use first-fit placement, which has issues with this, so I want to fix it).

Unfortunately, I know very little lisp. If I were to look at a lisp tutorial, which lisp is rep closest to? As I'm also learning a little bit of emacs hacking ... what are the main differences between rep and elisp?

Thanks!

Rafal Kolanski.